Joy School English is an innovative digital program that teaches English and values to young children. Applying current research and proven instructional strategies, Joy School English accelerates English fluency while incorporating social and emotional learning (SEL) to build strong character.
- Authentic English- Speaking Experience:Master Pronunciation & build confidence speaking
- Core Values: Social &emotional learning builds strong character
- Speech recognition Technology: Artificial Intelligence optimizes oral language instruction
- 4,000+ invitations to speak: Strategic emphasis on oral language, paired with speech recognition technology, encourages kids to speak.
- 1,100+ videos: Native English-speaking children and adults’ model conversational phrases and vocabulary words in relatable situations.
- 75 Songs: Fun and memorable songs reinforce the conversational phrases and vocabulary taught in lessons.
- 168 eBooks: Interactive books include animations that aid in listening comprehension.
- 9 Core values: Values-rich curriculum incorporates social and emotional learning that builds strong character.
- 120 weeks of lesson guides: Printable lesson guides include step-by-step instructions for whole-group activities and projects.
- Provides resources for an authentic teacher-led, blended learning experience, including songs, books, videos, games, and value lessons.
- Includes access to printable Teacher Lesson Plans and online activities that support the lesson plans.
- Features additional activities not included in the student app, designed specifically for whole-group and small-group instruction.
- Effective in a traditional or remote classroom setting.
5 Pillars of Joy School English
Joy School English is built on a foundation of five proven instructional principles.
The program is designed based on experience, research, and standards.
2. Oral Language
Joy School English places a strategic emphasis on oral language development.
In Joy School English, learning is contextualized and language domains are tightly integrated.
4. Core Values
Core values are interwoven throughout Joy School English.
Joy School English gives kids an irresistibly engaging experience.
Joy School English’s 9 Values
9 character-building values
Courage can impact one’s life in many ways. It is a tremendous contributor to another value, positivity, and can give kids the freedom to express their creativity.
Honesty is a crucial element of communication, an important 21st-century skill. It is part of the makeup of anyone with integrity and is the beginning of the ability to make and keep commitments.
The value of grit has gained enormous traction in the education system in the United States. Being able to achieve one’s goals requires the sort of persistence that grit exemplifies.
Whether a child is blessed to be in an environment with more resources and opportunities, or in a more challenging environment perhaps requiring more to be successful, the value of gratitude is a critical piece to seeing things clearly and implementing a productive approach to life.
Many experts believe that children raised in the past few decades have been denied the opportunity to develop responsibility. Children are capable of much more than we often realize, and can grow and shine from being given responsibility and being held accountable.
With collaboration being more and more crucial to success in today’s world, the ability to work and interact with others is more important than ever. Kindness will win out in today’s interconnected world, giving lasting happiness to all involved.
Being able to see a situation or perceive a problem through someone’s else’s eyes is a value the world desperately needs. The ability to feel and show true tolerance is how humankind will tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow.
In the age of instant gratification and constant stimulation, only those who develop self-discipline will be able to exert full control of their lives. Understanding and managing our emotions is every bit as important as learning to read or add and subtract numbers.
The word “joy” is an important part of the Joy School English team’s culture, and while not necessarily synonymous with positivity, it certainly shares many of the same attributes. Positive psychology is a field that is beginning to show how powerful it can be to be positive in the face of challenges.
Joy School English does teach literacy, but listening and speaking in a new language are more difficult to learn than reading, so we place a strategic emphasis on oral language, providing students with opportunities to speak again and again.
Not only do students get multiple opportunities to hear and demonstrate listening comprehension of key vocabulary words, Joy School English asks the students to say the words at every opportunity, recording the students’ speech and playing it back for them.
Students get to learn new phrases as modeled by real kids in authentic situations presented in videos. Students then get plenty of practice saying the phrases.
Both vocabulary words and conversational phrases are reinforced through music. Students sing songs and record themselves as they vocalize the language they’ve learned.
At Joy School we use the latest research in game-based learning and motivational psychology to design fun and immersive experiences for young English learners.
Children age 4-6 are motivated by things like exploration, self-direction, surprise, and discovery. We’ve used these themes as guiding principles in developing Joy School English.
Joy School English apps are available for both iOS and Android mobile devices (phones and tablets). PC and Mac OS versions are also available.
We recommend using Joy School English 10-15 minutes a day. The default setting is 10 activities a day. We strongly encourage parents to carefully consider electronic device usage. We believe a healthy relationship with electronic devices is very important.
Yes. Joy School English has three levels of spiraling content, which means the instruction in each level strategically builds on the previous one. More complex vocabulary, phrases, and concepts are introduced in each of the three levels of Joy School English. Customers have access to all three levels at no extra cost.
This demo will give you an idea of what Joy School English looks like from a student’s perspective. While Level 1 has twenty-four units consisting of hundreds of activities, the demo features just a few of the types of activities a student would see in one lesson.
Book a date below to discuss your requirements. We look forward to hearing from you.
Online appointment scheduling
Pick a date and time that works for you – it’s fast and easy